Board of Trustees
Click each District at left to see an individual map.
Click on each board member’s name for individual bio and contact information.
As the governing body of the Tyler Independent School District, the Board of Trustees is comprised of seven members. Each trustee represents one of seven single-member districts and is elected by voters of that district to serve staggered three-year terms. Candidates to the Board of Trustees must conform to the eligibility requirements of the Texas Education Code.
Board ResponsibilitiesBoard responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To be legally responsible for the education of the children in the District.
- To make school district policy decisions regarding Tyler ISD’s operation.
- To provide tax monies for maintenance and operation of the schools.
- To submit bond issues to the residents of the District.
- To govern local school matters, subject to limitations imposed by state and federal laws.
- To hire the superintendent as its chief administrator and executive officer.