Hello Tyler ISD Families,
As we prepare to enter into the second week of our Community Mitigation Period, here are a few things to plan for during the week of March 30 through April 3.
Distance Learning – Keep up the good work! We are seeing a lot of great student and staff engagement through the Distance Learning program. Share your photos with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) using the hashtag #WeAreTylerISD!
- Online – Continue to complete assignments and contact your teachers with questions. Parents, do you have questions about Clever, Zoom, Google Classroom or other tools? If so, check out the Parent Guide to Distance Learning at tylerisd.org/distancelearning.
- Printed Instructional Packets and Workbooks – for students who do not have access to internet and/or devices
- Pre-K – Weekly instructional packets for Pre-K students are available at any Curbside Meal pickup location.
- Elementary students – will now complete work using their Workbook that they have been using in the classroom all year. (We will no longer have weekly printed packets for K-5.) Your teacher will provide instruction for completing specific assignments in your workbook. If you were not able to pick up your child’s workbook at the campus this week, contact your campus or teacher to make other arrangements.
- Middle School students – will continue to use their current printed instructional packets through April 3. If you need to pick up textbooks or other consumables, please contact your campus or teacher to make arrangements.
- High School – Robert E. Lee High School and John Tyler High School students can pick up printed instructional packets at their home campus Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact the campus or your teacher with questions.
Curbside Meal Pickup – Curbside Meals will continue at the following locations Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. GOOD NEWS… Students do NOT need to be present to pick up Curbside Meals or East Texas Food Bank Emergency Boxes!
- Boulter Middle School, 2926 Garden Valley Rd.
- Hubbard Middle School, 1300 Hubbard Dr.
- Moore MST Magnet School, 2101 Devine St.
- Three Lakes Middle School, 2445 Three Lakes Pkwy.
- Caldwell Arts Academy, 331 South College St.
- Griffin Elementary School, 2650 N. Broadway Ave.
- Peete Elementary School, 1511 Bellwood Rd.
- J. Austin Elementary School, 1105 West Franklin St.
In addition to the Curbside Meal Pick up, the East Texas Food Bank will distribute Emergency Food Boxes at the following times and locations:
East Texas Food Bank Emergency Food Box Schedule
- Monday, March 30: TJ Austin, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 31: Griffin, Caldwell and Boulter, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 1: Peete, Moore and Hubbard, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2: Griffin, Caldwell and Boulter, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Friday, April 3: Lakes, Moore and Hubbard, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Lastly, Tyler ISD transportation will continue delivering meals to select apartment complexes in which large amounts of Tyler ISD students reside.
As we find ourselves with limited contact with others, please also take a moment to measure the emotional health of yourselves and your children. Although educational learning is happening at home, parents still have access to Tyler ISD counseling services. If you feel your student may benefit from counseling services, please complete the Parent Referral form located in the Counselor Corner section of your campus websites.