Tyler ISD Return to Learn
As we continue to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year, which is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, August 19, 2020, the District is working diligently to design the plan for Tyler ISD to Return to Learn. We will determine how to continue to fulfill our educational mission to create successful student outcomes, even in the face of continued uncertainty and challenges.No matter what happens, we are committed to the health and wellness of staff and students, excellent and equitable student learning experiences, and safe operation of all our facilities.
This Return to Learn webpage will provide updates and information that will help your family prepare for the new school year.
Questions & Support
Should you have questions for the District about anything related to COVID-19 and the Tyler ISD Return to Learn reopening plan, please contact us at 903.262.1000. We know preparing during the fluidity of this situation is challenging and we appreciate your patience, support, and dedication. We hope to welcome students back with all of the opportunities our district has to offer as soon as possible, and with your partnership Tyler ISD will be ready for a safe and successful school year.
We ARE Tyler ISD!
Thank you to our parents, students, staff & community for all that we have accomplished TOGETHER! #WeAreTylerISD
Tyler ISD continues to be in communication with our local partners and we stand ready to take all appropriate measures in regard to the reopening of schools for the 2020-2021 school year.
As a reminder, the CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help slow the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.