Want to drive the bus?
Tyler ISD is looking for additional bus drivers to safely transport our students. The information below should answer most of your questions, but if it doesn't, please don't hesitate to contact us at 903.262.1135.
Why I like being a bus driver (from some of our current drivers):
- Low pressure - I find it to be very easy to get students from point A to point B.
- The pay is substantial/extra income.
- The hours allow me to have time for personal business.
- No weekends & plenty of holidays.
- There is normally enough work available for extra hours if I want them.
- Setting the tone for kids to have a good day.
- Retirement system.
- Flexible with family responsibilities (children).
- District support system for drivers and monitors is just a call away.
- Courtesy rides for our children.
- Free admittance into athletic events.
Bus Driver FAQ's
I have another job. Are the hours flexible?
I am drawing Social Security, can I still drive a bus?
I don't have a CDL license. How do I get one?
How hard is it to drive a vehicle that large?
What is the pay & do I get benefits?