Current information about Tyler ISD’s response and plans related to Coronavirus, including links to helpful information.
Tyler ISD remains in regular contact with local, state and federal health officials for the latest information and will continue to provide updates to the Community as needed. The following communications have been shared with the district community, beginning with the most recent:
- March 25, 2020 - Video Message, A Look Behind the Scenes
- March 19, 2020 - Video Message, Tyler ISD Response to Gov. Abbott Executive Order
- March 17, 2020, 8:30 a.m. - Letter to parents & community, Part 2 - En español
- March 16, 2020, 2:30 p.m. - Letter to parents & community, Part 1 - En español
- March 16, 2020 - Video Message
- March 30, 2020 - Tyler ISD Extends School Facility Closure through April 10 - En español
- March 26, 2020 - Answering the Call to Action: Tyler ISD Gives Back to Community during COVID-19 Crisis - En español
- March 20, 2020 - Tyler ISD Distance Learning Starts Monday - En español
- March 20, 2020 - Tyler ISD Extends Curbside Meals Service through April 3, Adds Peete Elementary School to Locations List - En español
- March 19, 2020 - Tyler ISD follows Governor Abbott Executive Order to Close School Facilities through April 3 - En español
- March, 18, 2020 - Tyler ISD Food Services Distributes 1,796 Meals - Service will continue if Mitigation Period is extended.
- March 14, 2020, 8:00 p.m. - During Tyler ISD’s Free Meal Pick Up, East Texas Food Bank to Distribute Emergency Food Boxes
- March 14, 2020, 3 p.m. - FREE Meals Offered to ALL Tyler ISD Students via Curbside Pickup - En español
- February 25, 2020 - Tyler ISD Reassures Parents of District Health and Safety Plan
- March 27, 2020 - Judge Moran issues ‘Stay at Home’ order: What does this mean for Tyler ISD students and staff? En español
- March 27, 2020 - Letter to Parents Regarding Week 2 Plans - En español
- March 25, 2020 - Letter to Parents Regarding Instruction Workbooks - En español
- March 24, 2020, Letter to Parents Regarding Distance Learning En español
- March 14, 2020, 6:30 p.m. - Cancelled/Postponed Events, Facilities Updates, Extended Learning Plans, School Calendar & How You Can Help
- March 13, 2020, 4 p.m. - As a precaution, Tyler ISD, along with other school districts in Smith County, have decided to have a Community Mitigation Period for the week of March 16-20, 2020.
- March 12, 2020 - The District continues to monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in conjunction with local, state, and federal health officials.
- March 11, 2020 - Tyler ISD continues to actively monitor the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities.
- March 5, 2020 - Tyler ISD is actively monitoring the situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities including NETHealth.
- March 3, 2020 - School emergency operation planning ensures that essential functions can survive a natural disaster, technological failure, human error, or other disruption.
- February 28, 2020 - Tyler ISD is closely monitoring media reports and information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
March 30, 2020
Tyler ISD Curbside Lunches
March 27, 2020
Tyler ISD Distance Learning: Online Classrooms
March 26, 2020
Exec. Director of Comm., Jennifer Hines, Talks Workbooks
March 25, 2020
Supt. Dr. Marty Crawford Gives Us a Behind the Scenes Look
March 20, 2020
Tyler ISD Principals Discuss Distance Learning
March 20, 2020
Tyler ISD Leadership Team Discusses Distance Learning
March 17, 2020
Tyler ISD Custodial Services
March 16, 2020
Tyler ISD Food Service
Distributes Curbside Meals
Why has Tyler ISD not extended school facility closures through April 30 (as mentioned by the President)?
How can my family receive a food box from East Texas Food Bank?
What can a student expect during the Community Mitigation Period?
How will the district provide food services to students during the Community Mitigation Period?
How will COVID-19 impact graduation ceremonies, requirements, and the end of the school year calendar? Will we need to add days to the end of the school year?
What about prescription medication & medical supplies left on campus?
How do I apply for my child to attend the Birdwell Dual Language Program?
What about Tuition-based Pre-K? Do we still have to pay monthly tuition?
What do students in Dual Credit courses do during the Community Mitigation Period?
What about CTE Certifications?
How do I enroll or unenroll my student(s)?
Distance Learning FAQs
I am a parent and do not know how to access the online tools in the Distance Learning plan?
What if my child does not have internet access or a device to complete Distance Learning online?
What resources are available for students with disabilities?
Are students required to complete the Distance Learning assignments and activities?
Can we choose between completing distance learning online or picking up the printed packets?
What about Advanced Placement (AP) Classes & Exams?
What about EOC Testing for Seniors?
What can students do for SAT/ACT test prep and test-taking?
What can we expect for state testing, including STAAR and End of Course exams?