Grants for Great Ideas
The Grants for Great Ideas Program is designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize, and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches. Proposals must reflect the objectives and goals of the Campus and the District.
Grant Applications Due Date: October 31, 2019 by 4:00pm
- Individuals or Teams of TISD Employees involved in student instruction or Student Support Services (each request must include a certified teacher)
- 2018-19 Grants for Great Ideas Award Recipients who submitted their Grant Evaluation Form by the due date (October 7, 2019). Failure to submit the evaluation will result in ALL participants of the awarded grant being ineligible to apply for funding for the current year.
Eligible Grant Requests:
- Grant Projects which fund innovative or creative approaches (materials, activities, programs, etc.) supporting higher levels of student academic achievement and the accomplishment of District/Campus goals.
- Grant Requests that address a new project or initiative, as opposed to one currently underway.
- Grant Projects which are scheduled to begin during the current academic year. Execution of the project may extend into the next academic year, but funds must be expensed by the last day of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Grant Projects which cannot be funded by District or State funds. (Documentation that funds are not available from the District must be provided.)
Grant Award Levels:
- Grants up to $1,000 will be awarded to individual teacher-initiated programs or projects
- Grants up to $5,000 will be awarded to campus team/department/district-initiated programs or projects