Degrees and Certifications:
Mina Naranjo M.Ed.
On behalf of the staff at Ramey Elementary, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year! We are excited to see our Ramey Rams back in school and ready to do their very best. The start of each school year provides us with opportunities for a new beginning and fresh start to be intentional in the work we do for the success of our students. Tyler ISD focuses on successful student outcomes and at Ramey, we “Work for the WIN!” This means ensuring each student has equitable access to be successful in order to actualize their fullest potential.
We encourage our students to become self-determined individuals by setting goals and asking them to always do their best. Ramey students and staff “Work for the WIN!” by using grit and collaboration to grow into becoming a better version of themselves. To make this happen, we use the Ramey Way:
- WE PUT STUDENTS FIRST
- WE SOLVE PROBLEMS TOGETHER
- WE ADD VALUE
Work for the WIN! is a growth mindset that equips our students to be self-reflective, think critically, and support each other in the process. Work for the WIN! is relevant to their social and emotional growth. There’s always a lesson to be learned when we try. When we learn, we WIN.
We invite you to visit our campus to experience the Ramey Way. Partner with us and encourage your student to “Work for the WIN!" at school and at home by ensuring he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready to learn.
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school as means for opening the doors to several career options throughout his/her life.
We are committed and invested in the success of your child. Together we can learn from each other and positively impact student lives by working as a team.
I look forward to meeting our Ramey Rams when we return to school.
Ramey Elementary Principal