John Tyler High School Vision and Mission Statement
John Tyler High School’s vision is to empower students and team members to reach high levels of success in every aspect of their lives.
JTHS mission is create and foster a positive and collaborative environment that embraces rigorous and relevant expectations that promote student success.
- Met-Standard three years in a row
- T-STEM Campus
- Active AVID campus
- Professional Learning Communities Everyday
- 6A High School next year
- Our Students include Gates Millenium Winners, over $4 Million in Scholarships, Athletic State Winners, Academic State Winners
- Demographics: 60+% Hispanic, 30+% African American
- Comprehensive Professional Development from the district and on campus
- 60+ Clubs and Organizations
Learning is a right and expectation for every student.
Increased rigor results in academic and life success.
Ownership of learning is the responsibility of students, teachers, and stakeholders.
Nurturing relationships will meet the needs of our diverse community.
Students will succeed when they know you believe in them.
John Tyler High School Guiding Principles
I am John Tyler
I listen, speak, and act respectfully
I am present and on time
I am responsible for success at John Tyler
We ARE John Tyler