John Tyler High School Vision and Mission Statement
John Tyler High School’s vision is to empower students and team members to reach high levels of success in every aspect of their lives.
JTHS mission is create and foster a positive and collaborative environment that embraces rigorous and relevant expectations that promote student success.
- Met-Standard three years in a row
- T-STEM Campus
- Active AVID campus
- Professional Learning Communities Everyday
- 6A High School next year
- Our Students include Gates Millenium Winners, over $4 Million in Scholarships, Athletic State Winners, Academic State Winners
- Demographics: 60+% Hispanic, 30+% African American
- Comprehensive Professional Development from the district and on campus
- 60+ Clubs and Organizations
Learning is a right and expectation for every student.
Increased rigor results in academic and life success.
Ownership of learning is the responsibility of students, teachers, and stakeholders.
Nurturing relationships will meet the needs of our diverse community.
Students will succeed when they know you believe in them.
2015-2016 Wildly Important Goals
John Tyler High School's Wildly Important Goals for the 2015-20156 School Year:
1) Implement cross-curricular writing throughout the school in order to increase students' ability to write and think critically;
2) Connect students with extra-curricular activities, clubs, or organizations in an effort to increase student involvement in the learning community.
John Tyler High School Guiding Principles
I am John Tyler
I listen, speak, and act respectfully
I am present and on time
I am responsible for success at John Tyler
We ARE John Tyler
John Tyler High School, a part of Tyler Independent School District, is located in Tyler, Texas. Known for its civic pride and business opportunities, Tyler is a thriving community of steady corporate and residential growth. Tyler encompasses 47 square miles with a population of approximately over 90,000 residents. The city of Tyler still maintains a small town atmosphere while offering its residents many cultural, recreational, and entertainment advantages of a large city.
John Tyler is home to over 2100 students with academic avenues through the AP program, UIL competitions, help from the College and Career Center, and more. We also have a long tradition of sporting excellence including football, basketball, volleyball and soccer to only name a few.
John Tyler High School is committed to providing high-quality education to our diverse student body. We achieve our goals through a challenging curriculum, with a STEM Academy, quality teachers, and an atmosphere that emphasizes communication and cooperation. Together, these elements create a safe and engaging learning environment in which all students can excel.