2016-2017 Student Council
The John Tyler Student Council strives to promote a better understanding between students and faculty, improve school spirit, foster good sportsmanship, ensure better citizenship, and develop leadership at John Tyler High School and in the community.
Requirements as a Member
- Pay dues each year
- Members must maintain a TBA
- Officers must maintain a TBA
- Members must complete TBA hours of Community Service
- Officers must complete TBA hours of Community Service
- Be present at all meetings
- Show enthusiasm during Student Council activities
- Demonstrate good character, leadership, and service to the school and community
- Officer elections for the 2017-2018 school year have been postponed until there is a fully functionally constitution. Only current Student Council members may run for office. To become a Student Council member please pay $35 by September 12th.
- Student Council is now accepting nominations for Homecoming King and Queen from all campus organizations and individuals. The nominee/organization must pay 35 dollars by September 15th to be nominated. Please contact Ms. Hansen in B8 for more details.
Advisor: Rebecca Hansen