Our New Mission Statement
TARGET empowers gifted learners to understand and use their giftedness, both now and in the future.
Focus 1: We will provide students with Innovative Learning Experiences.
- Integrate higher order thinking skills across subjects through creative and critical thinking
- Develop students’ creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Incorporate advanced technology
Focus 2: We will lay the academic foundation for College and Career Readiness.
- Provide opportunities for inquiry, research and communication
- Work in partnership with parents and campuses to support learning goals
- Providing real world opportunities through field and project based learning
Focus 3: At TARGET our students will have opportunities to develop Leadership Skills.
- Allow students to take leadership through self-directed learning opportunities
- Create a variety of classroom and school leadership positions
- Give students opportunities for presenting and public speaking
Focus 4: At TARGET we will provide opportunities to meet our students’ Unique Needs.
- Provide students opportunities to collaborate with their gifted peers
- Guide students in understanding their own giftedness and how they learn best
- Assist students in developing innovative products and performances that reflect individuality and creativity through self-expression