Willingham & Morris, 1986; UT Study 1988From Facts About the Advanced Placement Program:Because AP brings high educational standards into high school classrooms, colleges benefit by admitting increasing numbers of better prepared students. As numerous studies show, AP students outperform their peers who have not taken AP on virtually every standard. Students whose AP grades exempt them from introductory college classes typically do better in subsequent higher-level courses than those students who actually take the introductory college courses. AP students who receive credit and/or advanced placement are more likely than other students to take additional college courses within the academic discipline of their AP course work.
Important Announcement for all students who plan to take an AP Exam in May 2020
The AP College Board has changed the AP exam registration process this year. All students who plan to take an AP exam in May 2020 need to complete the following steps:
1. Students should have an active AP College Board Account (apstudent.collegeboard.org)
2. Studenst should obtain the appropriate AP Join Codes from their AP Teachers.
3. Students should enter their AP Join Codes into their "MY AP" account (myap.collegeboard.org)
4. Once the join codes have been entered, students should go to their MY AP account, click on their AP class section and click on "register for exam". Next, students should change the "undecided" to either "yes" or "no". By clicking on "yes", the system will register the students for their exam.
5. If a student plans to take an AP exam but is NOT in the AP class for that exam, the student should contact the AP Teacher for that exam. The teacher will give the student the required join code.
6. The deadline for students to enter their join codes and indicate that they are going to take an AP exam is SEPTEMBER 30th.
The AP exam payment process will take place in October 2019. Beginning October 1st, students will have the option to pay online by debit/credit card. AP Teachers will share the information with students regarding the online payment system. Students will also be able to pay with cash/check on their assigned campus AP Exam Payment days. Checks should be made out to "AP".
AP Exam Payment days by campus:
Robert E Lee High School - October 10th and 11th in the REL Library
All payments for AP exams must be made no later than October 31st.
For more information, please contact Jan Ace, Advanced Academics Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-262-1897.