Cassandra Chapa, Principal
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Our commitment at Ramey Elementary School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to doing their best to grow academically and personally. Here at Ramey, students and staff "Work for the WIN!" by using grit and collaboration to grow to be their best self. We will so by implementing the following as part of the Ramey Way:
- We put students first.
- We solve problems together.
- We add value.
It is by student contribution to our school community that will make Ramey Elementary School an exceptional learning environment. This year we welcome parents to join us to “Work for the WIN” by expanding opportunities for parents to learn more about the educational system and contribute their talents to our school community. It is with this partnership we will make Ramey the Best Elementary School in the UNIVERSE!
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe in an instructional framework where effective teachers:
- Create authentic opportunities for students to learn content in which students can develop productive disciplinary habits of mind.
- Support students through challenging tasks, which will allow them to grapple with new ideas, endure a productive struggle, and grow in their understanding of new disciplinary ideas.
- Design lessons, which all students can be involved in meaningful ways as to have equitable access to the content.
- Provide students opportunities to take ownership of their learning, contribute their ideas to support other’s understanding, and develop their identity as a positive thinker.
- Use activities, such as formative assessments, to elicit student thinking and interactions to address misunderstandings and build upon them to support student thinking.
We believe successful students at Ramey:
- Practice the Ramey Way daily to the best of their ability.
- Engage in opportunities to interpret their current learning as to find areas to grow;
- Employ cooperation and inquiry skills to solve problems socially and academically; and
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Understand to trust the process of engaging daily in a “productive struggle”.
Not every day will be easy, but everyday students will have the opportunity to grow and become their best self.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. E-mail: email@example.com.
I feel extremely honored to serve as your principal at Ramey and the Tyler community.