On behalf of the staff at Peete Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year!
Tyler ISD focuses on successful student outcomes. We improve student outcomes so that learners in Tyler ISD are:
- Prepared academically for post-secondary education
- Prepared for work and careers of their choice
- Prepared for life and their future
At Peete, this means we support successful student outcomes by providing students the confidence to engage in a productive struggle. We are committed to supporting Wildcats emotionally through modeling productive behaviors. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. As the Principal of Peete Elementary School I am looking forward to working with the staff, parents, and community members to provide the best possible educational program for our students.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Walks the Talk of the Wildcat Words - Model, Support, and Engage
We will strive to facilitate a school environment to provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of each student to the best of our ability. An educational program academically challenging, engaging each student by linking the curriculum to previous knowledge and experience, and also exciting to promote further exploration of new ideas. Parents, teachers, support staff, and administration all have an important role to encourage our children to become active learners.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns at any time.