Degrees and Certifications:
Associates Degree in Nursing- Tyler Junior College
Mrs. Beverly Pottkotter
I was born and raised in Tyler and attended TJC and Texas Eastern School of Nursing.
My areas of nursing experience include Nursery Nurse, Pediatric Clinic, Case Management and this is my 14th year as a school nurse.
Important Reminders from your School Nurse
- Make sure child has all required immunizations. Not having all immunizations will keep your child from attending the first day of school.
- If your child wears glasses, please make sure the prescription is current.
- If there are any medicines your child must have administered during the school day, please make sure all prescription labels are accurate. I cannot administer medicine if medication form states a different dosage than label.
- No morning medications can be administered at school. If your child needs medications in the morning you must administer them at home.
- Nurse must have a medication form for each medicine as well as a form for each health care need. Please do not send medications to school with your child. You must bring medication and sign necessary consent forms for administration at school. Students are not permitted to carry medications to and from school.
- Any over the counter medications such as Benadryl, Tylenol, Motrin, sore throat lozenges, Tums, etc… cannot be administered by the school nurse without doctor orders.
- If your child needs to take nebulizer treatments, please send tubing, medicine container, face mask, and medicine with prescription label. The clinic does have a nebulizer machine.
- The school nurse must have doctor orders for any special health care needs your child must have during the school day. (tube feeding, suctioning, cleaning wound sites, catheterizations, etc.
- If your child has food allergies you must pick up a food allergy packet from the school nurse, and have physician complete. There are certain food and drink items that can be substituted in the cafeteria. With doctor orders, cafeteria manager can substitute food and drinks. (cafeteria manager must have doctor orders to substitute food and/or drinks) Ex. Give child juice instead of milk due to dairy allergies.
- Please include a change of clothing (shirt, socks, underwear and pants) in childs backpack for use in the event of an accident while at school.