PTA is a grassroots organization made up of parents, teachers, and others around the state who have an interest in children, families, and schools. PTA membership is as diverse as Texas is in its cultures, education levels, and parenting skills. By joining PTA, you become part of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with over 500,000 members.
PTA's purpose is:
- to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- to raise the standards of home life;
- to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- to bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- to develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Join the A. W. Orr Elementary PTA
The Orr Elementary PTA is seeking parents, faculty, and staff to back the future by joining PTA. Your membership makes a difference for every student by supporting and sponsoring numerous programs at Orr Elementary School.
To join our PTA, go to joinpta.org, click on Tyler ISD, and choose A. W. Orr Elementary from the drop-down list.
Orr Elementary PTA E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Chavez - President
Luis Arteaga - Vice President
Nancy Delgado - Secretary
Ann Miller - Treasurer