2019 - 2020 Student Transfer Information
If your student is currently attending John Tyler on a transfer, or if you would like to apply for your student to transfer, then now is the time for you to either renew or apply for the 2019-2020 school year.
Please log on to the T.I.S.D. website and download the student transfer request form (Student Transfer Request Form). Once you complete the form, please take that form, a current copy of your driver’s license or photo identification, current utility bill and your student’s grades, attendance and discipline to our Constituent Services department located at 807 W. Glenwood in Tyler.
The deadline to renew or apply for a student transfer is February 28th. There will be no applications accepted after this date.
Procedure for Initiating a Transfer Request
- Transfer requests are accepted annually on February 1st until March 1st (next school day if dates fall on a weekend).
- All transfer requests for grades Kindergarten through 8th need to be submitted to the requested campus.
- All high school and PEG transfer requests need to be submitted to the Student Services Office.
- Transfer request forms must state specific reason(s) for the transfer in order to be considered.
- Once completed, the transfer request form must be signed and returned to the designated location.
- A copy of the student’s attendance record, discipline record and latest report card should be included along with a photo ID from the parent/guardian & a current utility bill (gas, water, electric or lease agreement) with the completed transfer request.
- Attendance and Grades can be obtained online via Parent Self-Serve PSS Portal; Discipline records can be obtained from the home campus.
- Incomplete transfer requests will not be considered.
- Notification of decisions for transfer requests will be communicated in writing by April 1st from the designated location the transfer request was submitted.
- Approved transfer recipients must sign and return the approval letter in order to complete the registration process at the requested school.
- Registration process must be completed prior to the first day of school in order to guarantee placement.
- Transfer students are not eligible for district transportation to or from school.
Have questions? Contact the Student Services Department at 903.262.1017.