The Tyler Independent School District Foundation provides resources to inspire learning, enrich teaching and enhance opportunities for District students through the support of exemplary programs.
The foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources towards the following goals:
- Encourage all students to work to their highest potential
- Support staff for innovative efforts
- Recognize staff for exemplary teaching
- Build community awareness for the Tyler ISD Foundation
- Inspire parents and community to participate with the school district in enriching education
The Tyler ISD Foundation is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation promoting quality education in Tyler ISD. The Tyler ISD Foundation was created by the community in 1990 to provide additional support for Tyler teachers, students, staff, administrators, and family members associated with the public school system in Tyler. The work of the Foundation is simple: seek funds and grant those funds in meaningful and impactful ways within Tyler ISD.
The Foundation, led by a Board of Directors and an Executive Director, seeks funds through various activities, such as:
- Annual Campaign - which solicits funds from area businesses, philanthropists, alumni, and parents, who believe in assisting the public school system.
- Friends of the Foundation Campaign - our Tyler ISD employee giving campaign
- Community Events - "Leave Your Legacy" Brick Campaign
- Grant Writing and appeals to area organizations and foundations—in support of the teachers, staff and others within Tyler ISD.
The Foundation grants these collected donations to the following:
- Grants for Great Ideas - competitive grants to teachers, teams of teachers, campuses or the district to help meet campus goals and optimal student learning.
- Professional Development Grants - grants to district employees to support professional development opportunities that impact student achievement and enrich curriculum.
- A Night of Shining Stars - an academic recognition event that honors the top graduates of TISD high schools and the teachers that most influenced their academic journey.
- Scholarships - the Foundation manages several scholarships awarded to graduating seniors each year.
- District Programs - Convocation, Teacher of the Year Banquet, Teacher Retirement Luncheon
No tax dollars are used in fulfilling the mission of the Tyler ISD Foundation.