School Board Elections
The Board of Trustees is comprised of seven community members who are elected by the general public to serve for a term of three years each. On a rotating basis, Board seats are filled during annual elections held on the first Saturday in May. Trustees provide service to the Tyler community without financial compensation.
The next election will be held Saturday, May 2, 2020.
Filing Dates and Times:
Fechas y Horario para Entregar Solicitudes
Start Date 01/15/20 End Date 02/14/20 *
Fecha Inicio Fecha Límite
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday
Horario de la Oficina: 8:00 a.m. a 4:30 p.m. – Lunes a Viernes
*The office will be open until 5:00 p.m. on February 14, 2020.
La oficina estarà abierta hasta las 5:00 p.m. el 14 de febrero de 2020.
Physical and mailing address to file applications for place on the ballot:
Tyler ISD Administration Building
Office of the Board Secretary
1319 Earl Campbell Parkway
Tyler, TX 75701
Single Member District 2
Single Member District 4
Gina Orr, Secretary to the Board of Trustees
(P) 903.262.1001 (F) 903.262.1178
- Board Operating Procedures
- Policy BBA (Legal) - Eligibility/Qualifications
- Policy BBD (Legal) - Board Members Training & Orientation
- Policy BBD (Exhibit) - Framework for School Board Development
- Policy BBF (Local) - Board Members Ethics
Information for Candidates
- Texas Secretary of State Elections Division
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Smith County Elections Office
- Candidate Workshop - The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) sponsors Candidate Workshops to provide those interested in becoming a school board member with advice and information about the demands and rewards of service.