School Board Elections
The Board of Trustees is comprised of seven community members who are elected by the general public to serve for a term of three years each. On a rotating basis, Board seats are filled during annual elections held on the first Saturday in May. Trustees provide service to the Tyler community without financial compensation.
The next election will be held Saturday, May 1, 2021.
First Day to File for Place on Election Ballot: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Last Day to File for Place on Election Ballot: Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Single Member District 5
Single Member District 7
Single Member District 3 (Unexpired term)
Physical address and mailing address for filing applications in person or by mail for place on the ballot:
Office of Board Secretary
Tyler ISD Administration Building
319 Earl Campbell Parkway
Tyler, TX 75701
Gina Orr, Secretary to the Board of Trustees
- Board Operating Procedures
- Policy BBA (Legal) - Eligibility/Qualifications
- Policy BBD (Legal) - Board Members Training & Orientation
- Policy BBD (Exhibit) - Framework for School Board Development
- Policy BBF (Local) - Board Members Ethics
Information for Candidates
- Texas Secretary of State Elections Division
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Smith County Elections Office
- Candidate Workshop - The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) sponsors Candidate Workshops to provide those interested in becoming a school board member with advice and information about the demands and rewards of service.