The John Tyler Student Council strives to promote a better understanding between students and faculty, improve school spirit, foster good sportsmanship, ensure better citizenship, and develop leadership at John Tyler High School and in the community.
Requirements as a Member
- Pay dues each year
- Members must maintain a 3.2 GPA
- Officers must maintain a 3.5 GPA
- Members must complete 20 hours of Community Service
- Officers must complete 30 hours of Community Service
- Be present at all meetings
- Show enthusiasm during Student Council activities
- Demonstrate good character, leadership, and service to the school and community
Officer elections for the 2012-2013 school year will be in May. Only current Student Council members may run for office. All officer candidates must have a 3.5 GPA and be willing to attend a summer workshop in the month of July.